Monday 19 September 2022

Solution of Exercise No. 5 | Precis Writing Practice | Eureka Study Aids

QUESTION NO. 1
(i) Do I look very stupid in that hat? 
Do I look absurd in that hat? 
(ii) The standard of the students' work is very bad
The standard of the students' work is abysmal
(iii) The kittens were very cute. 
The kittens were adorable. 
(iv) Archaeologists study the remains of very old civilizations. 
Archaeologists study the remains of ancient civilizations. 
(v) She was extremely shocked to see how much damage the flood had caused. 
She was appalled to see how much damage the flood had caused. 
(vi) Conditions in the prison were very bad
Conditons in the prison were atrocious
(vii) The service was very bad
The service was awful. 
(viii) I had a very strange dream last night. 
I had a bizarre dream last night. 
(ix) It's very hot today. 
It's boiling today. 
(x) Albert Einstein was a very intelligent scientist. 
Albert Einstein was a brilliant scientist. 
(xi) Joseph Stalin was a very cruel leader. 
Joseph Stalin was a brutal leader. 
(xii) It's very likely to rain tomorrow. 
It's certain to rain tomorrow. 
(xiii) I think that my boss is very incompetent
I think that my boss is clueless
(xiv) Her work has been very important to the project's success. 
Her work has been crucial to the project's success. 
(xv) The music was very loud. 
The music was deafening. 
(xvi) The cake is very tasty. 
The cake is delicious. 
(xvii) I really want to go to Madina. 
I am desperate to go to Madina. 
(xviii) The floods left thousands of people extremely helpless. 
The flood left thousands of people destitute. 
(xix) The food was very unpleasant - I couldn't eat it. 
The food was disgusting - I couldn't eat it. 
(xx) The music was very bad. 
The music was dreadful. 


QUESTION NO. 2
(i) The new president was greeted by an extremely happy crowd. 
The new president was greeted by an ecstatic crowd. 
(ii) Water is very important for living things. 
Water is essential for living things. 
(iii) My headache was very painful. 
My headache was excruciating. 
(iv) By the time they reached the summit they were very tired. 
By the time they reached the summit they were exhausted. 
(v) The kids were very excited about going on holiday. 
The kids were exhilarated about going on holiday. 
(vi) The hotel charges were much too large. 
The hotel charges were exorbitant. 
(vii) This jewellery is very good. 
This jewellery is exquisite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment